Why SEO does not work and how to change it
What is SEO?
I have heard this all before
So why does your SEO not work and how can we change it?
1. Your website has poor content
Poor content equals
- high bounce rates (those are people coming to your website and then leaving again) because they don’t understand what you’re offering or if it is what they need
- low engagement
- lack of understanding by the search engines as to what on earth your website is about
- duplicated or unoriginal content will be picked up by Google and will penalise you for this
How to avoid it
- Do a swot analysis of your competitors. Look at the keywords they are using and what they are offering,
- Check social platforms to see what is trending, what are people discussing in your industry
- Use FAQ’s to answer your prospects most burning questions
- Don’t plagiarise any copy
- check copy for grammatical errors
- Give value to your audience
2. Your website Is not fit for purpose
If your website has issues then this causes visitors who are on your website to leave, this is known as a high bounce rate, and websites with high bounce rates will be ranked lower than those that don’t
What to watch out for:
- Customer Journey – ensure your visitors on every stage of their journey can find the information they are looking for
- Website speed – Website speed will impact on rankings if the choice of web hosting for your website isn’t reliable and competent, you are killing your website’s search engine ranking. You need your website to load in under 2 seconds
- If your website does not have advanced SEO tools like schema markup. With search technology moving at lightning speed you need to ensure the platform you choose has advanced SEO functionality
- LInks – make sure you don’t have any broken links in your website and that people linking to your website have a good link profile (p.s use our audit tool in the footer and we will send you a report on how your website is working).
- You have not signed up to google analytics and google console so you are not collecting data on your website.
- Ensure you show trust, authority, and expertise to lower the bounce rate on the website
If you are finding that your SEO is not doing as well as you would like, get in touch and we can see how we can help.
Just like you go to the doctor’s every year for an annual checkup, you need to do something similar with your SEO. It is easy to create errors on your website without even knowing it. Did you know that there’s over 200 factors in Google’s algorithm? So how do you...
With this simple hack you can increase your SEO traffic by double with just one simple tool. See how here or contact us about your SEO
How to Write a Perfect Case Study That Attracts High Paying Clients? Pink Elephant Media will uncover a proven formula to show you how …