How to create a B2B LinkedIn sales process that works.
Did you know that LinkedIn is the best place for B2B marketing?
The platform recently crunched the numbers themselves and found that 80% of B2B leads came from LinkedIn. And this isn’t just the platform blowing their own trumpet.
Their findings were backed up by further case studies, including NetBrain Technologies who managed to double their click-through rate (CTR) and increase leads by 94% due to LinkedIn ads.
And if that wasn’t enough, the conversion rates are higher and the cost per lead lower than other platforms. All of which means LinkedIn isn’t just a good choice for B2B marketers – it’s the best choice.
Before you start creating your own LinkedIn sales process.
There are plenty of ways to find leads for free on LinkedIn. But before you can implement them, first you need to work out what you are trying to achieve for yourself, what your client expects and the type of content that might interest them:
Every business has different marketing goals. Here are some of the most common:
- Increasing sales
- Becoming a voice of authority in your industry
- Improving interaction with existing and potential customers
- Building your brand
- Increasing website traffic
- Growing your social media following
- Reducing paperwork and processing time
- Generating more leads
- Improving your conversion rate
- Increasing brand awareness
- Improving sales support
- Improving customer satisfaction
- Reducing website maintenance costs
- Optimising workflow automation
- Improving employee satisfaction
- Increasing employment applications
- Maximising your ROI
You might have one of your own. Or you might need most or all of the above. The important thing is knowing what goals you want to achieve, so you can market yourself with those goals in mind.
Once you know what you want to achieve, you need to make sure you understand what your clients expect of you.
So, ask yourself:
- What will your clients get out of your marketing experience?
- What are their objections?
- Have you shown and given them enough value?
- Can they identify themselves in your copy?
- Have you solved their problems?
- Is your pricing in line with what they expect?
- Do you sound trustworthy and reputable?
- Do you look and sound professional?
- Can you deliver what they need on time?
- Do you look better than your competitors?
- What are the absolute deal-breakers for your potential clients?
- How will your client feel after working with you?
- Do you understand clearly what triggers a lead to sign up?
- Have you got case studies to back this up?
Understanding what your target audience expects means you can pitch your LinkedIn ads right in their sweet spot, giving you a greater chance of creating a sales process that works.
With your goals confirmed, the final piece of the puzzle to consider what content potential clients will want.
This could be:
- Landing page to your website
- Discovery session
- Free trial
- Online demos
- Contests and competitions
- Special offers
- Live chats
Knowing what they want and expect and giving it to them shows that you understand their problems and needs and are the only one willing to give it to them.
See how it works
Tools to help you create a LinkedIn sales process that works.
Knowing who you want to target and what you want to give them is just the start. Once you’re delivering all that amazing content to them, you need to make sure you capture those leads and turn them into sales.
And there are several tools that will help you get those leads on LinkedIn, each with a host of different functions: To find out more about the tools that you need to automate your sales process and get access to our cheatsheets and more enrol on The Ultimate LinkedIn Lead Generation Course, which can help you generate between 8-10 new profitable leads every week.
Unsure where to start?
If you are keen to create your LinkedIn sales process but feel unsure how or where to start, Pink Elephant Media can help.
We have two courses available.
The first is our free course, How to create a lead-generating profile for LinkedIn. This course alone will transform your LinkedIn profile to:
- Talk to your ideal client by identifying their goals and pain points
- Position you as the only solution
- Demonstrate your authority, credibility and expertise.
- Allow clients to see social proof before working with you
Or you can enrol on The Ultimate LinkedIn Lead Generation Course, which can help you generate between 8-10 new profitable leads every week.
Just £250 – an investment that will more than pay for itself once your B2B LinkedIn sales process clicks into gear and gets you in front of your target audience.